Huckbody Environmental offers a range of HSE services to worldwide clients and has been operating for over 20 years. The principal director is Andrew Huckbody whose CV is here andrew huckbody CV Q4 2023
See also news/Blog for more detail and updates to Projects.
Andy has a 2.1 degree in Botany BSc (hons) 1985, with decades of experience of survey and evaluation of terrestrial, coastal & marine habitats in temperate, sub-Saharan Africa, South America and other tropical environments. He has experience of botanical, mammal, bird, herpetofauna surveys including UK protected species eg great crested newt, bats, dormouse, otter, natterjack toad; and chimpanzee, bats, mangrove, coral reef, Red List Species and critical habitat (IFC PS6) in Africa and many notable species in South America.
Recognised expert in delivery of PS6, Critical Habitat, with development of Biodiversity Management and Action Plans and Net Gain for large scale mining and pipeline projects in West and East Africa.
Ecology & Biodiversity
Environmental Impact Assessment
- Set up & managed large teams and supervised international consultants conducting EIAs of major highway projects and motorways, cross country & international pipelines, oil refineries and oil & gas infrastructure, flood and coastal defence, large scale mining with sizeable road, rail and port components and numerous projects for NEOM.
- A recognised international expert in EIA and ESMS and development and implementation of environmental and social management plans during construction and into operations.
Environmental & Social management: on site construction
- Over 20 years’ experience of being site based during construction of large scale infrastructure projects eg mining, pipelines, highways, bridges, rail and ports; examples include management of: Jamuna multipurpose Bridge in Bangladesh; BP/BTC oil and gas pipelines; National Grid for the Milford Haven to Gloucester high pressure gas pipelines; General Manager Environment for African Minerals for a new large scale iron ore mine, rail and port operation in Sierra Leone; General Manager Environment in Burkina Faso and Cote d’Ivoire for a new large mine and rail operation.
- Managing teams of site environmental and social inspectors (IFC PS5) delivering the requisite mitigation, adhering to legal, IFI standards and planning conditions. Working as a major team player with construction managers and site crews supervising operations to ensure compliance to performance standards; typically 12 hr days on site, resident in construction camps.
- Management of all environmental aspects such as water pollution, noise and waste; design and supervision of mitigation including translocation of hedgerows, woodlands, sensitive grasslands, macro-turfing, wetlands and design and installation of reinstatement and erosion measures.
- Extensive experience of monitoring noise, vibration and dust using live, cloud-based measuring and reporting equipment and managing feedback to construction activities to minimise disturbance and damage in accordance with BS5228 and BS7385. Extensive water quality management using water quality meters and feedback to minimise environmental pollution, including the design and implementation of erosion and silt control measures such as advanced water treatment facilities including Siltbuster.
- Design construction and operation of large waste facilities; management of tailings storage facilities and extensive erosion control and revegetation in West Africa.
Andy is an experienced Environmental Auditor and in 2022/3 undertook dozens of construction audits for multiple NEOM projects, ranging from coral fringed islands, the Spine, Line, camps and logistics, water pipelines, wastewater treatment, airports and right up to the mountains of Trojena.
Environmental and Social Safeguards expert
- Environmental & Social Safeguards Expert appointed direct as periodic member of staff for World Bank (WB) as an STC; call off contract held since 2008. Undertaken numerous inputs direct for WB including ESIA, RPF and Resettlement Action Plan for the 1035 km highway from China to Russia through Kazakhstan; Regional Environmental Assessment of the CASA-1000 Project a $900 Million infrastructure development in Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan; and a construction HSE on site audit in Tajikistan of the Rogun hydropower project, at the time the highest dam in the world, with resettlement of >30,000 people.
- Establishing offices, building and managing teams in Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia and Turkmenistan as Project Manager for EU TACIS.
© 2015 huckbody.com All Rights Reserved
Our aim is to be responsive and innovative in providing worldwide health, safety, & environmental (HSE) services to meet the complex problems that face business today and into the future.
© 2015 huckbody.com All Rights Reserved